Reefer type coat.
- Reefer type coat.
- Fitted double-breasted coat with large pointed half-collar dropping from shoulder seams. Cord trim follows arc shape of collar to connect buttonholes. Includes back view.
- Printed on image: "'Disappearing collar' on this trim reefer type coat. Note the buttonholes emphasized with 'cord' worked out from puffing or separate and stitched on to body."
- Printed on image: "designed by Pearl Alexander" "André" "570 - 7th Ave. New York City"
- Spring 1940-1941
- X 732
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- This image is the property of the New York Public Library and was originally digitized as part of the collaborative project, “André Studios 1930-1941: Fashion Drawings & Sketches in the Collections of the Fashion Institute of Technology and The New York Public Library.” Any questions regarding reuse of this image should be directed to the New York Public Library (please see: http://nypl.org/permissions). Users can additionally locate the NYPL copy of the image in their Digital Collections (https://digitalcollections.nypl.org/) and consult the associated rights statement.
- If you feel this work violates copyright law, then please notify us immediately. Our intention is purely educational, but we will promptly remove any material determined to be in violation.
- André Studios sketches
- Alexander, Pearl Levy [Designer] and André (Firm) [Creator], “Reefer type coat.,” SPARC Digital, accessed June 2, 2023, https://sparcdigital.fitnyc.edu/items/show/10612.