- Sport suit with convertible collar.
- Fitted suit with flange shoulder, darts and patch pockets at waist. Skirt buttons down the front. A "convertible collar" is one that can be worn open or buttoned up to the neck.
- Includes smaller back view. Note the interesting sunglasses the figure holds.
- Written on image: "Note shoulder extends with sleeve having no darts at shoulder." "Designed by Pearl Alexander" "André 570 - 7th Avenue New York City November 25, 1940"
- Spring 1940-1941
- W 722
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- This image is the property of the New York Public Library and was originally digitized as part of the collaborative project, “André Studios 1930-1941: Fashion Drawings & Sketches in the Collections of the Fashion Institute of Technology and The New York Public Library.” Any questions regarding reuse of this image should be directed to the New York Public Library (please see: http://nypl.org/permissions). Users can additionally locate the NYPL copy of the image in their Digital Collections (https://digitalcollections.nypl.org/) and consult the associated rights statement.
- If you feel this work violates copyright law, then please notify us immediately. Our intention is purely educational, but we will promptly remove any material determined to be in violation.
- Alexander, Pearl Levy [Designer] and André (Firm) [Creator], “Sport suit with convertible collar.,” SPARC Digital, accessed June 1, 2023, https://sparcdigital.fitnyc.edu/items/show/10603.